VT2000 and UNIT-e

For all questions relating to hardware and software
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
robinwilson16
Site Admin
Forename: Robin
Surname: Wilson
College Name: FEA
Position: MIS Consultant
LinkedIn Profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/robinwilson16
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

VT2000 and UNIT-e

Post by robinwilson16 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:43 pm

Hello

Please can I ask if anyone is using VT2000 and has successfully integrated this with UNIT-e (also with iTrent)?
Does the script provided work out of the box or did you find it took a long time to customise?
We are looking to implement it in the new year and it would be good to get an understanding of the commitment/workload required. :think: :geek:

Thanks
Robin

stuartbrand
Forename: Stuart
Surname: Brand
College Name: City College Coventry
Position: Head of Information Systems Development
LinkedIn Profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/stuartbrand/
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: VT2000 and UNIT-e

Post by stuartbrand » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:15 am

Hi Robin

We have VT2000 here which pulls a view from unite that in turn populates a database used by VT2000. We also have iTrent, however we don't have any connection to it from VT2000.

The consultant that installed VT2000 had a view that is used in another college so there was very little for us to do.

Stuart

robinwilson16
Site Admin
Forename: Robin
Surname: Wilson
College Name: FEA
Position: MIS Consultant
LinkedIn Profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/robinwilson16

Re: VT2000 and UNIT-e

Post by robinwilson16 » Tue May 16, 2017 11:26 pm

Hello Stuart

Thanks for your reply.

Can I ask how you know which scale each staff member is on without a connection to iTrent.
Do you use another system for payroll?

I think the main challenge is getting the other systems set up in the way they need to be to support VT2000.

One problem we have is that lots of registers (mostly Maths and English) have a lot of infilled courses on them so can hold a variety of cost centres. Due to this I take the cost centre from the staff institution record however that isn't going to work if they want to teach in another faculty/cost centre as the other one would be charged and it is mainly the Maths and English teachers who would be the ones most likely to move around I think.

Thanks
Robin